[Dshield] How secure IS GoToMyPC?

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Jun 16 14:22:56 GMT 2004

As the database hasn't been constructed yet, or is probably going to be
migrated, my preferences have been either MS SQL (if I must), or MySQL
(which I prefer), then use the web application's security features along
with the OS to protect the database and server.

I do not know the configuration of the client's existing system(s) yet,
but I'll guess it's horrid, since these are people often well known for
short-cutting and cost-cutting.

Having no personal experience with GoToMyPC (but having worked with PC
Anywhere), I appreciate any insight that can be offered. If Windows
remote control is the only option (yech), is there one that's safer than
the rest?

Alan Frayer, CNE, CNI, CIW CI, MCP, Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org