[Dshield] How secure IS GoToMyPC?

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Jun 16 14:27:19 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 09:13, Brenden Walker wrote:

> If this data is critical, you're going to need more that 'password protected
> read only database'.

A fair point. What I'm seeking, I think, is a way to allow a designated
group (that can grow) the ability to read and search (but not modify)
the contents of a database via an Internet connection, without
permitting the whole world.

This group has specified GoToMyPC, but I think they lack technical
imagination, and I know they lack security skills.

Further, there is a slim chance this might fall under HIPPA (I have to
check with a few people).

Alan Frayer, CNE, CNI, CIW CI, MCP, Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org