[Dshield] need faster submissions

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Tue Jun 22 13:24:51 GMT 2004

The new database server is working out better then expected.
While I am still finding a bug here and there, things have
moved to the new system now. Right now, we are having
about 300 GByte worth of reports "online" and the database is
running an average 600 queries/sec over the last 24 hrs.

With this, I can easily maintain 30 minute update intervals.
However, this will only be useful if you submit your reports
on a similar schedule. While I recommended in the past to
submit logs at least once a day, and once an hour if possible,
I recommend now that you submit twice an hour if you can.
(don't stop submitting if you can't submit twice an hour ;-) ).

Visiting SANSFIRE? Stop by IPNet and say Hi ;-)
http://www.sans.org/sansfire2004
phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org