[Dshield] strange trojan dropper--anyone seen this?

tank@tankweb.net tank at tankweb.net
Thu Jun 24 17:00:55 GMT 2004

That is a symptom of the sasser worm.

Sasser Worm opens security ports on the infected computer which makes it
vulnerable to hackers who can use these open ports to implant Spyware and
Trojan Programs, hence stealing your personal information.

Symptoms of Sasser Infection:
Unexpected system shutdowns (mostly on Windows 2000 and Windows XP)
Unexpected heavy traffic which slows down Internet connection
An error message about LSA Shell or lsass.exe.