[Dshield] DHS wants to silence reporting of network outages -- DSHIELD next?

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Thu Jun 24 17:23:57 GMT 2004

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security wants information about network outages to become secret! See:
	http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/24/network_outages/print.html

What is next in our government's continuing expansion of paranoia?
  - Will they next try to silence dshield.org and incidents.org's reporting of port scans because it may give terrorists some idea if their scans are being detected?
  - How about suppressing discussions of security problems on BugTraq, DShield, SANS, SecurityFocus, and other forums because it may give terrorists ideas on what exploits work best?

Where will it end?

It really sickens me how our civil liberties are being eroded day by day under the guise of "national security." I would rather be a lot less secure and much more free!

Maybe we should all have a Fahrenheit 9/11 party?

End of rant (for now). Apologies to non-US list members.

Jon Kibler
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer