[Dshield] OT: AOL Engineer Sells Company's ENTIRE Subscriber List to Spammer !

Chuck Lewis clewis at iquest.net
Thu Jun 24 20:17:20 GMT 2004

Ya, isn't that incredible ? And sadly, what he says is true. Just like the
"reply to be taken off" deal. Oh and I JUST read at lunch today in eWeek
that the FTC is canning the spam registry in favor of initiatives to better
authenticate senders of email - so maybe there is hope on the horizon. Only
problem is, they have decided to wait until THIS FALL to hold summit on
this. That is nuts, why the heck not get rolling on it ASAP ? !

Chuck