[Dshield] DHS wants to silence reporting of networkoutages -- DSHIELD next?

Joseph Stahley 3rd jestahley3 at cox.net
Thu Jun 24 21:41:36 GMT 2004

It's actually to be used for not allowing the release of what networks are
up or down in order to provide security. If someone knows a network went
down due to something they instigated or tried, then one will use that to
try and damage other areas. This should have been one of the first things
done IMHO in order to stop DOS and other types of attack. By not saying they
were successful might reduce the amount of people trying to purposely bring
networks down.

Joseph