[Dshield] OT: AOL Engineer Sells Company's ENTIRE Subscriber List to Spammer !

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 23:35:11 GMT 2004

Johannes,

I suspect the real problem is not so much for the AOL user given the
heavy amount of spam filtering that AOL performs on incoming email but
for the AOL sysadmins who have had to battle the additional offered spam
load due to this insider theft. Although I have seen some increase in
undetected spam in my own inbox I would say that AOL is still doing a
good job of blocking it before it gets to the end user. Todays news
report on the subject asserts that AOL is blocking  ~2b messages per day.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International