[Dshield] DHS wants to silence reporting of network outages --DSHIELD next?

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Fri Jun 25 01:50:44 GMT 2004

Pete Cap wrote:
> With all due
> respect, it is, however, apparent that neither Jon
> Kibler nor the vast majority of this list understand
> or have the requirement to understand DHS's
> overarching policy, nor how it would be enacted.

Please note that there is a difference between 'understanding'
and 'agreeing.' I understand both the policy and its enactment
all too well. I follow both quite closely. And that is what
really scares me!

Jon Kibler

P.S. I should note that I follow DHS and DoJ activities from
four different perspectives: national security, professional
[computer and infrastructure security], personal [civil
liberties], and political [party activist].
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer