[Dshield] DHS wants to silence reporting of network outages--DSHIELD next?

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Fri Jun 25 18:01:17 GMT 2004

Or Terrorist/Jerk has idea where small but for whatever reason useful
line is, calls Blue Stakes, waits for flags, digs small hole where flags
are, and puts a device to sniff traffic in the middle of the line
somewhere.

I dunno how realistic it is to try and put something in the middle of a
fiber line -- I've no experience installing fiber, but I imagine there's
more to it than just splicing something into the line. For copper lines,
it probably wouldn't be too tough... perhaps no one even need notice.

Josh Tolley
Raintree Systems, Inc.
http://www.raintreeinc.com
760 509 9000