[Dshield] Record numbers of new open proxy ports

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Mon Mar 1 19:59:10 GMT 2004

Hello all:

Well, one of these new worms is setting records for the number of new open proxies it is creating. Thus far today, the number of new open proxies we are finding each hour is over 3x the norm. Each hour we are finding more new open proxies than we did the previous hour.

The new open proxies appear to be primarily on these ports (all tcp):
	1080
	6588
	4480
	8080
	8081

We are also observing a larger than normal number of open proxies on:
	  23
	  80
	8100

It appears that 1080 and 6588 are occurring in pairs (over 50% of all observed) and that 1080 ad 4480 are also paired.

Just a heads-up.

Jon
--
Jon R. Kibler