[Dshield] NT4 Certificate Server root CA expired

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 03:25:08 GMT 2004

Stephanie

I started seriously looking in Technet last night and many of the NT 4.0
resources that used to be there are now relegated to "some place." I went
looking for one of my reference books that is now someplace else.
Basically, they want you to pay money for a phone call.

What I recall, was prior to expiration is that you generate a Root
Certificate that gets imported back into the Certificate Server, you then
generate New Client Root Certs are imported into the Clients. Then generate
appropriate updated individual client certificates with the new date range.

Roll back the clock in the BIOS and see if the Certificate states
"Expired," if not give it a try.

I apologize that I can not offer more.

Al