[Dshield] Virus Attchments - Security in Outlook & how to changeregistry

Thor Larholm thor at pivx.com
Thu Mar 4 03:13:40 GMT 2004

Check out Knowledge Base article #290497

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290497

The section "How to Customize Attachment Security Behavior" describes
how to unblock certain attachment types by creating a key called
Level1Remove. The same rules for the Level1Remove key also apply to the
Level1Add key, which you can add or change to block additional file
extensions.

Regards

Thor Larholm
Senior Security Researcher
PivX Solutions
24 Corporate Plaza #180
Newport Beach, CA 92660
http://www.pivx.com
thor at pivx.com
Phone: +1 (949) 231-8496
PGP: 0x5A276569
6BB1 B77F CB62 0D3D 5A82 C65D E1A4 157C 5A27 6569

PivX defines "Proactive Threat Mitigation". Get a FREE Beta Version of
Qwik-Fix
<http://www.qwik-fix.net>