[Dshield] Password protected Bagle.F

Al Reust areust at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 00:59:06 GMT 2004

The other part is that as I got home today. The wife tells me that she has
been fighting variations all day. In her particular case it seems that they
have directed email directly at the server IP bypassing the virus catcher.
Comparing the log files and with what was stated in the Antivirus machine
the could see the legit email and noticed that the infected email had not
been checked!

So at least for the first in the "message body" part they are doing
$DomainName, $UserName etc replacements in a targeted mail merge format.

The MTA now rejects All Zip files. Fortunately they are not dependent on
receiving information that might be Zip'd

Al