[Dshield] New Agobot infection here?

TRushing@hollandco.com TRushing at hollandco.com
Thu Mar 4 13:54:18 GMT 2004

billy - at - billy.demon.nl wrote on 03/03/2004 05:49:33 PM:

> Why not rather write this mail to Sophos' support department  or call
> it? That's a pretty good department and very swift to react. Having
> bought Sophos' product, you'd have 24x7 support. Oh you have done that?
> What did the people there advise?

I sent e-mail yesterday evening.  Sent two, one with attachments and one
without.  I see from an e-mail this morning from Sophos that the
attachments did not get through.  I do not manage the exchange server and
was told they would not be blocked, but it appears that was wrong.  I will
keep the list informed once I get the information to Sophos.

However, I wrote it here before sending anything to Sophos because I was
not completely sure that I did have a new infection and did not want to
add to the noise that Sophos and other anti-virus people get on a daily
basis, and I know that some on this list have expressed interest in new
trojans and the like.

         ---Tim Rushing