[Dshield] Mail list for new virus events

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Thu Mar 4 19:54:34 GMT 2004

I've been reading (and occasionally writing to) the DShield lists for a
while now, and recently found the need for dependable notification of
new viruses.

I've read the recent discussion of timing issues, but my needs are not
as critical, since I don't actually have control over the anti-virus
efforts of the people I'm helping. I'm simply providing a heads-up as
new viruses strike the scene (and for my purposes, Linux is a wonderful
desktop OS).

I see reports coming from various places, but I'm not sure what mail
list I can join for truly accurate early reports on viruses and their
behavior.

Does the List have any suggestions (beyond Current at dshield.org)?

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org