[Dshield] Mail list for new virus events

Robinson, Dennis A Dennis.Robinson at ArvinMeritor.com
Thu Mar 4 20:56:44 GMT 2004

Here are a few sites I check several times a day:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/
http://www.sophos.com/
http://us.mcafee.com/default.asp
http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/enterprise.htm
http://www.f-prot.com/
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/alert.htm

Thanks,
Dennis A. Robinson
Senior Messaging Administrator
Corporate Network Services
ArvinMeritor
Troy, MI USA
(248) 435-1795

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at dshield.org [mailto:list-bounces at dshield.org] On Behalf
Of Alan Frayer
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 2:55 PM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: [Dshield] Mail list for new virus events

I've been reading (and occasionally writing to) the DShield lists for a
while now, and recently found the need for dependable notification of new
viruses.

I've read the recent discussion of timing issues, but my needs are not as
critical, since I don't actually have control over the anti-virus efforts of
the people I'm helping. I'm simply providing a heads-up as new viruses
strike the scene (and for my purposes, Linux is a wonderful desktop OS).

I see reports coming from various places, but I'm not sure what mail list I
can join for truly accurate early reports on viruses and their behavior.

Does the List have any suggestions (beyond Current at dshield.org)?

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org