[Dshield] New Agobot infection here?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Mar 4 20:39:44 GMT 2004

tor, 04.03.2004 kl. 14.54 skrev TRushing at hollandco.com:

> billy - at - billy.demon.nl wrote on 03/03/2004 05:49:33 PM:

Actually, I'm Tonni :) But chances are your mail to him will get
refused.

> I sent e-mail yesterday evening.  Sent two, one with attachments and one
> without.  I see from an e-mail this morning from Sophos that the
> attachments did not get through.  I do not manage the exchange server and
> was told they would not be blocked, but it appears that was wrong.  I will
> keep the list informed once I get the information to Sophos.
>
> However, I wrote it here before sending anything to Sophos because I was
> not completely sure that I did have a new infection and did not want to
> add to the noise that Sophos and other anti-virus people get on a daily
> basis, and I know that some on this list have expressed interest in new
> trojans and the like.

You have, as Sophos' (or any other AV vendor's) customer a right to
service. Commercial AV vendors are earning big money nowadays and should
give the service that they've promised their customers, and for which
each customer has paid. Never be shy of claiming what you've signed up
for. As far as Sophos goes, experience in the past has shown me that the
service is downright good. No, I don't pay Sophos a cent, Sophos doesn't
pay me a cent. And I don't speak for their distributors, some of those
are *not* good.

Best,

--Tonni

--