[Dshield] Good e-mail client?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sun Mar 7 05:10:33 GMT 2004

I'm confused.

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 07:01:19PM -0800, Pete Cap wrote:
> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:01:19 -0800 (PST)
> From: Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Dshield] Good e-mail client?
> To: General DShield Discussion List <list at dshield.org>

/* snip */

> if we promote "safe" software and everyone starts using it, then it
> would only be a matter of time before someone begins finding
> vulnerabilities and so forth.
>
> However!  ...If I use open-source software there is a good chance
> that any vulnerabilities in the package will be found and will be
> patched long before someone can write exploit code or a worm.
> That's the great thing about open source--the community makes it
> strong.  There are numerous examples of M$ failing to patch on time
> when they KNEW there were vulnerabilities...I don't need to explore
> this.
>
> So for this reason I'm installing open software this time through.

/* snip */

Didn't you start out by saying that you were install Window$ XP?

I'm sensing that you don't really have the courage to put your money
where your mouth is.

Why bother putting "open software" on a closed, proprietary operating
system?

- John
--
"Mad cow? You'd be mad too, if someone was trying to eat you."