[Dshield] Good e-mail client?

Preston Morris, Jr. pmorrisjr at pmccpa.com
Tue Mar 9 14:58:41 GMT 2004

Hello all. I've been lurking for some time now, but I had a question in
response to this previous message. I know about Outlook and Outlook
Express being such security risks, but I was unaware that Lotus Notes
and GroupWise were too. Can somebody explain what is it about Lotus
Notes and GroupWise that puts them into the same category as Outlook?
Thanks.

Preston Morris, Jr.
System13 Solutions, LLC

Al Reust wrote:

> Hello Pete
>
> There are many "softwares" that you can find to do a particular job.
> Most Shareware, Freeware were born from an Individual attempt to
> accomplish something that was left in a vacuum. That vacuum was caused

> by cost of computers and software. Some authors had programing skills
> and some started with Basic, GWBasic etc.. With A Goal!

Rather than speaking of a "good" e-mail client, perhaps we should
mention the "bad" ones...

* Outlook [Express]
* Groupwise
* Lotus Notes

Yechhhhh...arrrrghhhh... bletch... 'scuse me.

Jeff