[Dshield] 1.httpads.com

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 15:09:31 GMT 2004

Bert.,

recently I took the advice of another poster and downloaded tcpview
which makes use of the netstat command. With TCPview you can kill the
process that is opening the listening port. Of course it is vital
nonetheless to understand how the process got started in the first
place. You can find this software at

www.sysinternals.com.

Another alternative is to use the Task Manager to kill the process but
first you have to find out its name and/or Process ID. by performing
"netstat -o" at the command line you can see the process id and from
there go to the task manager to kill the process. But of course this is
exactly how TCPview works, (I assume) which makes it such  a valuable tool.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International