[Dshield] Good e-mail client?

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Thu Mar 11 10:49:59 GMT 2004

list-bounces at dshield.org <mailto:list-bounces at dshield.org> wrote on
Wednesday, March 10, 2004 11:35 PM UTC+2 on behalf of Buzz aka Bill

| All in all -- the Bat is the best email program I've used.  Of
| course, it is not free.  I not only would buy it again, but I am
| recommending to one of my clients that they use it as a network
| client because the security is much better than any free client I've
| used.  Over the next month or so we will be installing it their 14
| machines,  and I will get some experience with users and group
| settings -- I'll post more then if anyone's interested.
|
| http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/
|
| Bill
| aka Buzz

Bill aka Buzz et al.

Thanks for comprehensively sharing your experience with the SW, which
apparently represents the cream of the cream of email clients.

I am looking forward to reading your further experiences with users and
group settings.

Did or have you considered 'SecureBat! Pro' or 'SecureBat! Lite'?

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/securebat/

Any comment on the standard edition vs. the secure edition(s)?

Any comment on the token alternatives (Aladdin eToken Pro vs. Rainbow
iKey1000) for SecureBat! Pro?

Noticed a statement on the web page (link above): "... offers all of the
major features of The Bat! ...". Might this mean that the secure
edition(s) may lack some minor features that are included the standard
edition?

The price goes naturally higher with the secure edition(s) but the
performance and price ratio may still be justified when high-level
safety is valued.

- Pete

          "Good, the more communicated, more abundant grows."
                 John Milton (1608-74); English poet.