[Dshield] Good e-mail client?

Buzz info at 4201.com
Thu Mar 11 14:23:35 GMT 2004

Tuesday, March 9, 2004, 9:18:09 PM, Marc Chabot wrote:

> Kon'nichi wa  Buzz,

> It's NOT a spamming tool.
> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/spammer.html
> Still, many lazy MailAdmins filter on the bat X-Mailer:
> There is a box you can check on or off in the bat to hide the X-Mailer
> because of those "/%?"/$ lazy MailAdmins.  Fido.ca is notorious for that.
> Even if I was the first to mention pegasus here, you'll notice I use
> the bat and proudly expose my "X-Mailer: The Bat! (v2.04.7) Personal"
> to detect those lazy MailAdmins fumbling with the X-Mailer.

Hi Marc

Thanks for the silverstones link -- I read pretty much the same thing on Ritlabs page but it was nice to see it somewhere that's a little less partial.

I don't have any good reason for preferring to block my x-mailer.  I have a hard time releasing information to unknown persons unless I can see an advantage, or need, in doing so.   Too many people out there, who know more than I do.  Don't know if that info could hurt me somehow so I just don't release it without a reason.

But you state a reason that I can understand ... perhaps I'll turn it back on and just modify it so it doesn't display the version number?

Bill