[Dshield] Opensource Syslog Software for Microsoft OS

warpmedia warpmedia at comcast.net
Sat Mar 13 17:11:33 GMT 2004

I've got Kiwi here logging my Netgear rp114 as well as workstations' info
from Kerio PFW & MotherBoardMonitor. Biggest detraction of free vs. pay is
lack of advanced filtering events like "play wave" for a certain event vs.
"beep". Since I am used to LinkLogger making sounds for different events, I
may just have to buy the paid version.

Watchguard, I had one of those (fb100) & they wanted buku bucks to upgrade
it. Too bad for them a lowly $50, no longer made firewall does as good or
better.

At 10:10 AM 3/12/2004, Richard Roy wrote:
>That's what Wayne told me to run to capture my Watchguard's to and it
>runs on XP no problem.
>
>It was fairly straight forward to set up and get working, just be sure
>you have some space to capture to and archive your logs.

Joshua MacCraw
warpmedia at comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jmaccraw