[Dshield] User accounts discovered please help!!!

Brenden Walker BKWalker at DRBSystems.com
Mon Mar 15 19:56:06 GMT 2004

Sounds like your permissions to the SAM database are allowing anon reads
(the default I think up until WinXP?) there are a variety of tools that will
attach to the SAM on a remote computer and dump the list of accounts.

I'd suggest getting copy of Retina from eEye
(http://www.eeye.com/html/Products/index.html) and using that to test your
servers, from what I remember it does a pretty good job and even tells you
exactly how to plug the holes it finds.