[Dshield] Best Hardware / Security Set-up for SBS 2003 w/T-1

Steve itmanager at rjl-pensions.com
Thu Mar 18 20:26:05 GMT 2004

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I am trying to figure out the best way to set-up my new network.

I am going to be bringing in a T-1 connection to my office pretty soon.

I am going to be using MS SBS 2003 with ISA2000, Exchange, and IIS with
Sharepoint Server.

I already have the server and software in place, so I cannot change those
options. I still haven't purchased the router yet though.

I could also use the CSU/DSU from the T-1 connection to route the data into
the Server.

My concerns are security oriented.

Should I use the Cisco router as a transparent interface and let it do the
routing and let ISA server handle the firewall?

Conversely I can set-up the router to also handle the firewall and use it in
conjunction with ISA server.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve