[Dshield] Obscure Question Part2

Funk Jr, Joseph C. jcfunkjr at co.bucks.pa.us
Thu Mar 18 17:30:54 GMT 2004

I see, well then Apologies for not seeing that and ok, I will try again.  If it isn't the PC (and at first I didn't see it doesn't show those open ports from within the LAN so obviously it cannot be)  Therefore the modem must also have a routing place in between.  Alittle more googling got this, volia' http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/28CEOEC0CWLDK/ref=cm_lm_dp_l_1/102-1052468-2500905  An 'approved' list of cable modems for adelphia.  Many, of them have some type of NAT setup as they claim to support up to 32 users (along with a hub or switch) can shre the internet.  Likewise, another search for an example 'surfboard' modem and those ports yields this http://membres.lycos.fr/tvcablenet/Forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=17.  In addition to those ports they mention 23 80 and 513, but you didn't see those so perhaps they are only internally open on the cable modem.

Hows that?