[Dshield] Followup Re CIS Scoring Tool

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 23:41:27 GMT 2004

All,

as a followup to my earlier post on the Center for Internet Security and
the CIS scoring tool, I took a few minutes to browse the www site which
I had not visited for several months and I learned that this week a new
version (V2.1.12) of the Windows scoring tool was released that now
includes support for Windows XP Pro. It includes several .inf templates
for WXP Pro including a US NSA endorsed template
(NSA_XP_Workstation.inf).  As a point of information, you need to be
logged on with administrator privileges to run the scoring check correctly.

Thanks to any on this list including SANS who were involved in the hard
work to get this out. Obviously it is an important step forward for this
compliance checking technology.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad