[Dshield] Microsoft Security Update CD

Nick Harley nickharley at bcbsal.org
Mon Mar 29 20:59:32 GMT 2004

The last time I had a machine crash and had to rebuild it, I had to go
find the blaster patch and apply it before I could connect to the
internet and run windows update. In that situation, I think it's not too
shabby. You'll still have to run windows update soon after your initial
install but for those of us with POTS connections any patches we don't
have to download is good news.

>>> markfugate4 at comcast.net 3/29/2004 6:18:21 AM >>>
For what it's worth, it is my understanding that the MS update CD is a
patch
collection dated October 2003.  Is this correct?  If so, how useful
could it
possibly be?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.