[Dshield] Any reaonable way to measure connectivity speed?... .

Andy Streule andy.streule at lythamhigh.lancs.sch.uk
Tue Mar 30 15:01:50 GMT 2004

if you had a script that ran a traceroute say every 30mins to the same
destination. Add the total time of the hops. You'd soon get the average time
of the route during 'normal time'. after that any significant deviation
could be highlighted/alerted or recorded with the full traceroute details.
althought I dont have a script like this.

~Andy
Technical Support
Lytham St. Annes High Technology College
http://www.lythamhigh.lancs.sch.uk

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the
first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
" I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.