[Dshield] Avoiding blacklisted web hosts

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Mar 31 01:27:57 GMT 2004

Hopefully the following question falls in the realm of security, as I
don't wish to abuse the list.

I have had the misfortune of twice picking web hosting services (with
e-mail, of course), where the IP of my mail server ended up in someone's
black hole list through no fault of my own.

I'm starting a search for yet another host for a client, and want to
avoid that mistake. Is there a tool or service I can use that will
check/has checked various web hosts for various security issues,
including but not necessarily limited to e-mail status?

Alan Frayer, CNE, CNI, CIW CI, MCP, Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org