[Dshield] Any reaonable way to measure connectivity speed?....

Dave Brookshire dsb at rlx.com
Wed Mar 31 18:54:13 GMT 2004

The single best tool I use for such purposes (specifically for real-time checking) is Matt's Traceroute (MTR).  It's a curses based traceroute that performs repeated traceroutes, and tracks min/max/avg response of all the hops between you and your destination IP.  It will also highlight where packet loss is occuring.

Excellent tool for such purposes.

http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/

-db