[Dshield] IPSec, Windows XP VPN Client, and Linksys Routers

Meidinger Chris chris.meidinger at badenit.de
Mon Oct 4 15:49:00 GMT 2004

Preston,

this is a bit of a late answer, but i've been traveling. I have gotten the
ms vpn client to work in a number of instances, with netscreen routers.
can't be that different.

do you have a log of the connection that is not working that you could send
to me or sanitize and post? This list really has nothing to do with vpn
debugging, so maybe off list would be better.

off the top of my head:
1. did you import the cert for the machine or user?
2. was your cert pkcs12?
3. did you select automatic storage (this is not default, but necessary)
4. are you being sure not to traverse nat?
5. are you in main mode? (i've never made the integrated client work with
aggressive)

that should be enough to start you off.

cheers,

chris meidinger