[Dshield] Cisco Router/Firewall - which is the best for me?

Meidinger Chris chris.meidinger at badenit.de
Tue Oct 5 15:23:05 GMT 2004

Hi Benjamin,

i administer several cisco firewalls, and they are great. I also administer
some Netscreens. In your place, i would consider a Netscreen NS-5XT. They
are similar to a cisco 501e, but about half of the price.

Advantage: great function, great price
Disadvantage: not cisco

If you want to learn cisco syntax, get the pix 501e. If you want a good
firewall that will do the job, as well as is *very* compatible with other
devices for vpn and whatnot, i'd get the netscreen.

Cheers,

Chris