[Dshield] Netblock 154.227/16 -- owner?

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Tue Oct 5 21:18:56 GMT 2004

Greetings all,

Question: Anyone have a clue who owns netblock 154.227/16? None of the RIRs list it. However, I have a client with a compromised system that keeps trying to contact a specific IP in that netblock. The IP appears to not be routable.

I guess the more general question is: "What is the story on 154/8?" Some of the lower /16 blocks appear to be allocated and owned (< 154.64/16), but the others seem to exist in an administrative black hole. Also, if they are not allocated/owned by anyone, why are they not listed on the various bogon lists? I have check several (starting with CYMRU) and find nothing about it. IANA lists them as owned by 'various registrars.' Anyone know the real story here?

THANKS!
Jon Kibler
--
Jon R. Kibler