[Dshield] ssh attacks

Darin Fisher pfm.net at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:16:13 GMT 2004

Yes, I've been seeing a tremendous increase in attempts also.
A average of 0 - 10 per day is now averaging over 200 per day.

I didn't check your addresses but attempts on my sites all seem to be
coming from Asia; China and Korea.

I guess the hacker school
(http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/05/0314258&tid=172&tid=1)
must be labs.

Any other thoughts?

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:30:08 -0700, Barton L. Phillips
<admin at bartonphillips.com> wrote:
> In the last several days I have seen an increase in attempts to log into
> my server via SSH. Previously I was only seeing the "test" and "guest"
> attempts previously mentioned on this list. Here is an example of what I
> saw yesterday:
>
> Failed logins from these:

> Has anyone else been seeing this?
>
> --

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
 - Benjamin Franklin