[Dshield] Microsoft October Security Patches - quite a few big ones

Nick Harley nickharley at bcbsal.org
Wed Oct 13 17:48:59 GMT 2004

I ran it on 2000 as well and it worked fine. The machine I got the error
on was XP SP1. I upgraded to SP2 and I still get the error msg. Even if
I start the services but leave them manual I get it. The only way I
could get this to work properly was to turn AU to Automatic.

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 09:54, Nick Harley wrote:

> I tried running Windows Update and got the attached error. Looks like
if
> you don't have Automatic Update turned on then you're SOL.

I don't know about that... I ran WU about a 1/2 hour ago (w/o auto
update) on a W2K Pro machine, and had no difficulties.

Alan Frayer, CNE, CNI, CIW CI, MCP, Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org

Institute.
To learn more about current SANS training, see http://www.sans.org .

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org