[Dshield] Cookies from homeland security???

mike newatthis at rcn.com
Mon Oct 18 14:11:46 GMT 2004

Ed Truitt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 17:48, mike wrote:
>
>>Hey Folks,
>>  On several instances I've had attempts made to set cookies supposedly
>>from homelandsecurity.house.gov. Anybody else had this? Usually I deny
>>them this time I let them drop in.
>>

> http://homelandsecurity.house.gov is not the site for the Department of
> Homeland Security -- it is the site for the US House of Representatives,
> Select Committee on Homeland Security.  Same government, different
> branch.

I never said it was the Department of Homeland Security.

To put it another way - why would any department of the Government, if
that's who it is, set a cookie when I wasn't browsing their site and
didn't even have the browser open to ANY site. And why would this same
site have been trying to do this on multiple occasions previously over a
period of weeks? If anyone has any ideas or knowledge I'd appreciate
their help. I don't need an explanation of what cookies are or how the
govenment is divided up.

Thanks,

Mike