[Dshield] Digital certificates

Roland Green rgreen at plannedbuy.com
Sun Oct 24 18:21:45 GMT 2004

Come on now Kenneth, that's even worse that letting the date expire. The
idea of having a Certificate signed by a trusted third party is to
ensure that you are who you say you are.  Anyone can sign there own
certificate but it will force a pop up in the browser  where the message
indicates that the person who signed the certificate is not trusted. All
Allen has to do is get a 60 day trial certificate
http://www.entrust.com/freecerts/webcerts/index.htm  from Entrust.  I
works just like the real thing.