[Dshield] Microsoft wants to meet more hackers

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Mon Aug 1 23:42:12 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 23:18 +0000, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:
> Microsoft wants its "Blue Hat" date with hackers to become a regular
> affair, with twice-yearly events where outsiders demonstrate flaws in
> Microsoft's product security.

In another interview management said: "Honestly, we'd like these guys to
come more often than twice a year. A monthly or weekly schedule would be
preferred. It doesn't happen often to receive free Quality Assurance and
Vulnerability Testing, so we would like them to accept that offer we're
extending. This allows us to restructure our internal QA team from 5 to
1 who which will manage the relationship with these pro-bono
researchers. We will house them for free while they work for us for
free."

"Meeting" hackers instead of "Hiring" them is so much more efficient it
seems...

-Frank

--
Blackhatgate: Shame on Cisco. Double-Shame on ISS.