[Dshield] Submitting DSHIELD reports, Dyn IP's and MX hosts

Mike Easter mike.easter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:22:14 GMT 2005

Dave wrote:

> Now, since some of us have started sending mail directly to dshield
> and spamcop, bypassing our local ISP smarthost to improve
> performance...

I can see you running into problems with that.

Just exactly how does bypassing your provider improve performance vis
the mails you would send to dshield and/or spamcop?

Are you submitting daily dshield reports or something else?

How frequently are you submitting spams to SC's submit address?  That
is, are you 'lumping' them periodically by forwarding as attachment or
are you somehow automating a system by which you automatically send
every spam as a 'one off' to the SC submit?

Do you have any problem with your provider's smtp server tolerating
email attachments [or spam content] in your outgoing mail as a potential
'performance' issue for your SC submissions?

--
Mike Easter