[Dshield] Cisco Passwords

Jim McCullough jim.mccullough at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 21:42:40 GMT 2005

I see the hint, and have battenned down the hatches.  I wonder how
many people will be pulling late nites this week to correct poor
forsight.  Even lowly grunts, and former grunts know
challenge/password should be changed frequently.  Does this mean that
a lowly former grunt can show up a corp policy?

Jim McCullough

On 8/4/05, Rob <PacketHunter at comcast.net> wrote:
> As most (hopefully all) of you are aware by now, Cisco experienced an issue
> over the last 2 days relating to cached passwords...how do you think that
> compares with having everyone of their customers change passwords in clear
> text over a 48 hour period?  Of course, none of those customers would dare
> use the same password on the web site as they do on their routers and
> switches.  So what's the harm?
>
> Food for thought...
>
> --Rob

Jim McCullough