[Dshield] SMTP question....

Vinod Kumar vinu at hiwaay.net
Mon Aug 8 17:08:57 GMT 2005

Did they say that you had an open relay, or was there a spamming agent.  I
doubt they would black list your IP if it was coming from another IP on
your network.   At this point it is really dependent on how your network
is setup.  The other thing is there may be false complaints, which has
been known to happen, however I have never seen them block because of a
few false complaints.

BTW in the eyes of SpamCop, you basically have to say that you have the
problem fixed, depending on the problem.  Open relays are a little bit
different.  So in this case its more they have already proved you guilty,
now you have to tell them you fixed it.

2cents