[Dshield] SMTP question....

Mike Easter mike.easter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 19:35:47 GMT 2005

Richard Golodner wrote:
>             We noticed that we have been placed on a blacklist at
> Spamcop and I am trying to figure out why.

The blocked message should give a link to the IP's status and some
additional information at SC.

> Aetea Information Technology

Neither of the MXes for aetea.com are listed, including the output
208.26.63.4  aeteamail1.aetea.com

SC doesn't block anything, but many people use the SCbl as part of an
antispam strategy.

If a server is being blocked, it might be caused by misdirected bounces
or autoresponders.

A good place to talk about SC issues is on the newsserver
news.spamcop.net in either of the groups spamcop or spamcop.help.

If you don't like NNTP news, there's a webforum
http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index -- I don't go there ;-)  I'm a
news person.

--
Mike Easter