[Dshield] Skeptical: WAS Srv.SSA-KeyLogger

Mrcorp mrcorp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 17:56:25 GMT 2005

I am going to play the role of skeptic here, but how do we know what they are saying is accurate?
Wouldnt it be possible that one be wrong, exagerate or even make up a claim to develop a tool,
cause mass marketing for free, and look like the good guy for there products?  The first virus
created by an AV company theory.

And what is this tool going to do?  patch the OS, patch an application?  If it just removes the
code, whats to prevent reinfection?

I am a bit hesitant when I read on the blog "It is very sophisticated, however, we aren't sharing
a lot of data for obvious reasons."

My apologies if I am wrong, but I am just curious if anyone else feels this way, or am I just
being a cautious security person?  I mean no disrespect to Sunbelt, but I havent really seen
enough facts to make a sound judgement.

Mrcorp