[Dshield] Skeptical: WAS Srv.SSA-KeyLogger

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Thu Aug 11 23:28:46 GMT 2005

It looks like Lavasoft has found the same thing according to Sunbelt http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the html and disclaimer

Thanx, Paul

________________________________

From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org on behalf of Mrcorp
Sent: Thu 8/11/2005 1:56 PM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Skeptical: WAS Srv.SSA-KeyLogger

I am going to play the role of skeptic here, but how do we know what they are saying is accurate?
Wouldnt it be possible that one be wrong, exagerate or even make up a claim to develop a tool,
cause mass marketing for free, and look like the good guy for there products?  The first virus
created by an AV company theory.

And what is this tool going to do?  patch the OS, patch an application?  If it just removes the
code, whats to prevent reinfection?

I am a bit hesitant when I read on the blog "It is very sophisticated, however, we aren't sharing
a lot of data for obvious reasons."

My apologies if I am wrong, but I am just curious if anyone else feels this way, or am I just
being a cautious security person?  I mean no disrespect to Sunbelt, but I havent really seen
enough facts to make a sound judgement.

Mrcorp

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org