[Dshield] [DShield] 1026-1027

Mike Wydra mwydra1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 03:17:59 GMT 2005

Frank Knobbe wrote:
>Seriously, the vast majority of UDP 1026-1027 are pop-up message, pop-up
>spam and pop-up scam alike. You can't do anything to stop them coming
>down your Internet pipe, unless you tell your ISP to filter those
>upstream.

Yeah - but that gets us back to (gulp, dare I say it) cutting off China again. At least 95% of the hits that my little ol' NAT is taking are coming from China, and ALL are directed at 1026 - 1027. This is an issue for the government to work out because I sure don't see any way to stop it. I agree with Frank - keep your hardware firewall in good shape and ignore the garbage that bounces off it.

Mike Wydra
AT&T   USA