[Dshield] Infocon Yellow

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Sat Aug 13 01:47:37 GMT 2005

Due to a number of very well working Windows exploits for this weeks patch
set, and the zero-day Veritas exploit, we decided to turn the infocon to
yellow.

Advice: Use the weekend to patch ALL WINDOWS SYSTEMS. It may be
worthwhile to
consider accelerated deployment of the patches even to critical systems
if the
weekend is slow anyway. Backup Exec should be firewalled or disabled at
this point.

Note: Consider unprotected internet facing machines infected at this
point if they do not have this weeks patches applied. Patch and handle
them with extra care.

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        jullrich at sans.org