[Dshield] Thanks Brian

Abuse abuse at what4now.com
Sat Aug 13 06:19:45 GMT 2005

** Reply to message from Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 01:28:01
-0400

> > Look at the receive headers in my email and you will only see a non-routable IP
> > (the IP assigned to this computer) as the HELO from my email program.
>
> Hate to say this, but....

>  	by smtp2.pacifier.net (Postfix) with SMTP id BC8636D952	for
>         <list at lists.dshield.org>; Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
>
> You managed to pass a 10/8 on the hello, but then promptly leaked the real IP anyhow...

Yes, mostly I do reveal my IP but not in this case since I am in a motel in San
Diego (which I think is near Mike).  When I want to hide all identifying
information I use sneakemail.

I was just trying to pointing out to Mike about what is revealed by his
headers.  He seems to think that a reply to one of his messages with his IP in
the body was a problem.  I was just showing what he sends out as identifying
information on all of his emails.