[Dshield] Suggestion to take the ISC Storm Alert to "Orange"

DAN MORRILL dan_20407 at msn.com
Mon Aug 15 22:46:27 GMT 2005

Ferg,

Maybe we got lucky, but we were done with patching by friday and are missing
the entire party it looks like. In the internet health report though for the
USA the network latencies are ok except XO to XO, and world wide, they seem
well within the boundaries of operation that they have been for the last
couple of months.

I am not sure about orange, in checking the ISC site they say "A major
disruption in connectivity is imminent or in progress. Examples: Code Red on
its return, and SQL Slammer worm during its first half day ". None of the
national or international health reports are showing any issues like you are
talking about.

Over here in seattle we are just not seeing anything really major happening,
but then we are patched and not having any problems getting anywhere we need
to get to. I'll go along with orange if it changes, but we are not seeing
very many problems at all where I work at, but then we have a really robust
patch program, and everything was on a 72 hour window.

R/Dan

Sometimes MSN E-mail will indicate that the mesasge failed to be delivered.
Please resend when you get those, it does not mean that the mail box is bad,
merely that MSN mail is over worked at the time.